- VENUE CHANGE TO OUR SATURDAY MORNING TRAINING - Details below.
- TRAINING AT ALERT LEVEL 1 - All participants are required to adhere with our guidelines. Please note that classes will automatically stop if Alert Level 3 or 4 is announced for Wellington.
KRAV MAGA SELf-DEFENCE
"So that one may walk in peace" - Imi Lichtenfeld
TRAIN and LEARN:
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS and PREVENTION STRATEGIES
UNARMED DEFENCE and USE OF CONTROLLED AGGRESSION
USE OF COMMON OBJECTS FOR SELF-DEFENCE
DEALING WITH ASSAULT and RELEASES FROM GRABS and HOLDS
Krav Maga (Contact Combat), is an Israeli self-defence system used by the Israeli Defence Force. The system was developed by Imi Lichtenfeld in the 1940's. The approach of Krav Maga in response to a physical threat is direct and practical. It is because of these qualities why Krav Maga is widely used in the following sectors: Civilian, Close Protection, Law Enforcement, and the Military.
KRAV MAGA WELLINGTON
We are a New Zealand owned social enterprise established in 2015 and we are affiliated with the International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF). We teach Krav Maga for the CIVILIAN SECTOR from age 14 and up. Our focus is on the development of situational awareness, threat prevention, quick neutralisation of an attacker, controlled aggression, and learning how to escape quickly. Important note - We do not teach Krav Maga designed for Close Protection, Law Enforcement, or the Military.
At Krav Maga Wellington, our objective is to empower people through krav maga and to help create safer communities. Many of our learners enjoy learning Krav Maga because of its non-competitive nature (not for sport competitions), and its focus on self-defence.
Our core principles:
- A big ego will get you hurt. Avoidance and prevention is always the best option.
- If you are attacked - Escape or fight back. The objective is to stop the threat using reasonable force.
- It's not about who wins or who loses - The main objective of self defence is to be safe.
The unpredictable nature of physical violence does not adhere to any rules. An assault can be quick and often be very violent. Because of these uncertainties, we also train to protect ourselves against multiple attackers and armed assault. The New Zealand law on self-defence states: “Everyone is justified in using, in the defence of himself or another, such force as, in the circumstances as he believes them to be, it is reasonable to use.” (Section 48 of the Crimes Act 1961.).
ABOUT OUR TRAINING
- All participants are required to follow our Covid-19 training guidelines.
- All new participants are required to complete the registration form at the bottom of this page.
- Minimum training age is 14 due to the nature of topic that we cover and the strong language that we sometimes use.
- Our school's culture is inclusive, friendly, and family oriented.
- We reserve the right to refuse training to anyone that may pose as a liability.
OUR CLASS SCHEDULE
IMPORTANT NOTE: NO TRAINING on STAT HOLIDAYS, MONTH of JUNE, and CHRISTMAS (early December to mid-January).
- Monday night 18:30 - 19:45. Filipino Community Centre. 92 Cuba St. Petone, Lower Hutt.
- Wednesday night 18:30 - 19:45. Nairnville Recreation Centre. Cockayne Rd. & Lucknow Terrace, Khandallah, Wellington.
- Saturday morning 8:30 - 9:45. Koizumi Kwai Judo Dojo. Halford Place, end of Jackson St. Petone, Lower Hutt.
Register for your 2 OBLIGATION FREE CLASSES below and let us know when you plan to turn up. Trying out our classes is a good way to get to know us and experience krav maga. We train as a mixed group - beginners, intermediates, and advanced. Our classes are also flexible so just turn up when it fits into your schedule. You can attend 10 or 20 classes, or attend all classes offered within a month. Student participation in our rank tests and seminars is voluntary.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
We encourage family members to learn krav maga together and that's why we allow 2 family members to train under one fee. Below is the criteria in order to be eligible:
- A parent and child OR;
- Siblings OR;
CLASS FEES + HOW TO PAY
- $90 per month - attend all classes offered within a calendar month.
- $85 for 10 classes - good for 1 calendar year.
- $160 for 20 classes - good for 1 calendar year.
- Pay by PayPal (Preferred Option - click here to pay for your classes etc.).
- Pay by Bank deposit. Account No. 38-9017-0470157-01 | Account: KRAV MAGA WELLINGTON | Please use your name as reference
WHO DO WE TRAIN?
Wellington Free Ambulance | Hospital Staff | G4S Security | Wellington City Council Advocates Group | Office of the Auditor General | Hospitality Staff | Tawa College Adult and Community Education | The Arts Foundation | Victim Support Wellington | Students | Queen Margaret College | Chilton St. James School | Student Paramedics Australasia - Whitireia
RELATED Online videos AND ARTICLES
- Krav Maga - Avi Moyal
- Stay Away - Krav Maga Women Self Defence
- IKMF Hong Kong Air Rage Seminar
- Queensbury Rule's It Ain't - learning the brutal Israeli self-defence krav maga at a Wellington workshop
- New Zealand Police Advice on Keeping Safe When Out & About.