CIVILIAN KRAV MAGA - SELF DEFENCE
"So that one may walk in peace" - Imi Lichtenfeld (Father & Founder of Krav Maga)
Krav Maga means Contact Combat . It is the self defence system founded and developed by Imi Lichtenfeld in the 1940's and it is also the self defence system used by the Israeli military (IDF) and its security forces. Krav Maga is widely used in the following sectors: Civilian, Close Protection, Law Enforcement, and the Military. The main purpose of Krav Maga is for self defence and it is only used as a last resort and is applied using reasonable force. In our class, we teach Civilian Krav Maga in order to prevent a physical assault, or how to stop an aggressor using reasonable force and controlled aggression. Many people enjoy attending Krav Maga classes because it is practical and non-competitive. By attending classes you will learn to develop situational awareness, fight back, release from grabs or holds, and use common objects for self defence.
NZ LAW ON SELF DEFENCE
"Everyone is justified in using, in the defence of himself or another, such force as, in the circumstances as he believes them to be, it is reasonable to use.” (Section 48 of the Crimes Act 1961.)
KRAV MAGA WELLINGTON
We are a New Zealand owned social enterprise established in 2015 and we are certified and affiliated with the International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF). We welcome everyone from all backgrounds. We teach Civilian Krav Maga for age 15 and up. Our goal is to help people become more confident and develop their self defence skills. Our mission is to empower people through krav maga and to help create safer communities.
- We foster a culture that is friendly and family orientated.
- Beginners are welcome. Register online, try out a couple of classes and to get to know us.
- We train as a mixed group - Beginners, intermediates, and advanced.
- We do not teach Krav Maga for Close Protection, Law Enforcement, or the Military.
- We will refuse training to anyone who poses as a liability, and those gang affiliations or extremist ideologies.
- We don't require people buy a uniform or to participate in rank tests and seminars.
- We also do charity work and offer group training to businesses and teams.
You can attend classes when it suits you. We don't do term enrolments.
*THERE'S NO TRAINING ON STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, ALL MONTH of JUNE, and DURING CHRISTMAS BREAK
MONDAY NIGHT CLASS -18:30 - 20:00 Filipino Community Centre. 92 Cuba St. Petone, Lower Hutt.
*Shoes ON. Wooden floor / Non matted venue.
SATURDAY MORNING CLASS - 8:30 - 10:00. Koizumi Kwai Judo Club, Halford Place (end of Jackson Street), Petone, Lower Hutt.
*Shoes OFF (socks okay). Matted venue.
(*50% discount for 2nd family member)
Prepaid $60 / month *attend all classes offered within a calendar month.
Prepaid $85 / 10 classes *good for 1 year from date of purchase.
Pre-paid $160 / 20 classes *good for 1 year from date of purchase.
Class fees can be paid through Pay by PayPal (preferred option - click here to pay for your classes etc.) OR by bank transfer to KRAV MAGA WELLINGTON KiwiBank account no. 38-9017-0470157-01 | *Use your name as reference
WHO DO WE TRAIN?
Wellington Free Ambulance • Hospital Staff • G4S Security • Wellington City Council Advocates Group • Office of the Auditor General • Hospitality Staff • Tawa College Adult and Community Education
• The Arts Foundation • Victim Support Wellington • Queen Margaret College • Chilton St. James School • Student Paramedics Australasia - Whitireia
ONLINE RESOURCES & ARTICLES
- Krav Maga - Avi Moyal
- Stay Away - Krav Maga Women Self Defence
- Queensbury Rule's It Ain't - learning the brutal Israeli self-defence krav maga at a Wellington workshop
- New Zealand Police Advice on Keeping Safe When Out & About.